Crunchy, clustery and super easy!
Wilma's learnt about the egg white trick the other day from a muesli bar recipe. That turned out to be not the healthiest of recipes, so we tinkered with it and came up with this delicious granola instead!
- Activated Buckwheat
- Puffed millet
- Coconut oil
- Egg white
- Salt (just a little)
Note: cooking is to make your life easier, not harder! We used these ingredients because they were easy to find and we think they're tasty. If you don't like the combination, feel free to modify it. In terms of amounts, we used about 50-60g of each. Coconut oil was about 2tb and two small egg whites.
- Melt coconut oil, if solidified
- Mix all dry ingredients and coconut oil in a bowl
- Whisk the egg white briefly until slightly foamy, no need to transform into peaks
- Stir well to combine
- Pack mixture into baking tray, lined with baking paper
- Press it together gently, aim for a thickness of about 2-3cm
- Bake for 20min at 150C, or until golden
- Remove from oven and let it cool before transferring to an air tight container
Remember that nuts like to be kept in cool, dark places. I like to keep mine in the freezer, to add to the crunchiness.